- To encourage and promote quality in the breeding of pure-bred Bichon Frise and to do all possible to bring their natural qualities to perfection.
- To urge members and breeders to accept the Standard of the Breed as approved by The American Kennel Club as the only Standard of excellence by which the Bichon Frise shall be judged.
- To do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the Breed through responsible breeding practices and by encouraging sportsmanlike competition at dog shows (obedience trials).
- To conduct Specialty shows (obedience Trials) under the rules of The American Kennel Club.
- To remain a member club in good standing of The American Kennel Club, which requires each BFCA member to keep records of breeding programs, show records, etc. for submission to AKC if requested.
- To educate the fancy and the general public on the qualities of our breed through publications, seminars or such other media deemed appropriate to this task.