47th National Specialty Show Health Committee
DNA CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
Please stop by the BFCA Health Committee table to obtain DNA collection kits, forms, and instructions.
- To register the DNA with AKC.
- To send DNA samples to the CHIC depository for future research.
- To collect DNA samples on litters for future research.
We can offer a $40/kit price to you for the DNA samples taken at your event. There is no minimum amount of collected samples.
Here are the instructions for submission:
- All DNA Samples are to be collected at the event. The sample is collected on a bristle brush and instructions on sample collection are in each kit.
- To be eligible for the discounted price of $40 per dog, a representative mails the collected DNA samples to my attention in one package within 10 business days of the events closing.
- Any samples that come directly from dog owners will be charged the regular $50 price.
- Customers should make out their individual checks to the American Kennel Club or they can include their credit card information on the sample submission form enclosed in each kit.