CONSTITUTIONAL REQUIREMENTS. (Art. I, Section 2)
On a form approved by the Board of Directors, which, in addition to any other matters required by the Board of Directors, shall state the name, address and occupation of the applicant.
- Applicant shall furnish the names of two members in good standing who have known them for two (2) years.
- Sponsor must have been a member in good standing for at least one (1) year.
- Sponsors must not be related to the applicant or to each other, and are willing to endorse the applicant.
- Sponsor may endorse no more than three (3)-voting members in any one official club year. The Club’s official year shall begin immediately at the conclusion of the Annual Meeting and continue through until the next Annual Meeting.
- All applications for consideration will be published in the BFCA BULLETIN prior to being voted upon by the Board of Directors.
- Applicants shall be voted upon by the Board of Directors within thirty days after the Board is officially notified of the application for membership by the Membership Administrator.
- No reason need be given for any refusal. An application which has failed may be presented by one of the applicant’s sponsors at the next Annual Meeting and may be elected by 75% of those voting members present.
- If an application fails to receive approval they may reapply after 1 year.
GUIDELINES FOR CONSIDERATION. To ensure continuity when considering applications the following items are used in Board deliberations.
- Approximately five years involvement in the sport of purebred dogs: i.e. showing in conformation and/or performance events or similar experience. Rescue applicants should have approximately 5 years associated with the Bichon Frise Club of America Charitable Trust.
- Membership in a local Bichon Frise club, an all breed club and/or training club is valued.
- Attendance at local and National Specialties is preferred and important
- Attendance at seminars and other educational opportunities.
- Indication that the applicant has endeavored to learn more about purebred dogs by reading and study.
- It is strongly recommended that at least one Sponsor be from your area and be familiar with your dogs and your facilities.
- Persons who wish to request membership must submit a request for an application, on which the two persons who will act as endorsers will be submitted, and submit a $30.00 processing fee. This fee is non-fundable.
- When the completed application is received by the Membership Administrator, Sponsor Forms will be sent to potential endorsers. Upon receipt of all completed documents the names of the applicant and those of their sponsors will be published in the BFCA BULLETIN. The general membership is invited to submit letters either pro or con. Voting by the Board will take place after the deadline for responses has passed. Upon notification of the results by the Recording Secretary, the Membership Administrator will so inform all applicants who have received favorable acceptance. New member’s packet will be sent along with notification of pro-rated dues which are due within 30 days or membership will be voided.